Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rad Like Dad!



It's Father's Day!
Does anyone else feel like people make a WAY bigger deal out of Father's Day than they do Mother's Day? There was a whole event on the square yesterday for it! Maybe that is because the mothers are better at planning things.

I'm just kidding. Father's Day a very special day! I have a wonderful dad who is very special to me. He has taught me a lot and has also made up several stories that I believed for way too long. So far Tallon has shown to be a pretty amazing dad as well. Since I was pregnant he has taken a special interest in this baby (as he should). He would ask me to send information on the development of the baby. When the other guys at his work saw my email it they made comments like "Oh, your wife sends those to you too... I always delete them." Tallon had to explain that he wanted to know and like knowing. He also likes to be involved with just about everything Charlie does.

For the longest time (in less than a year) Charlie was pretty much attached to my hip when I would let her. There are times when I enjoyed it and times when I hated it. Here lately she has been rather clingy to Tallon. I'm pretty excited about that. This morning she didn't want him to leave to go play pool. She was grabbing onto him and pulling away from me. It made me a little sad, but I am happy she loves him so much. From here on out I probably won't be as awesome as her dad, but that's okay. I like seeing them together.

This part is for Tallon:
Tallon, you have become a wonderful father. I always knew that about you. I have questioned some of your parenting tactics, but it has all worked out. I love that you want to be involved in everything she does. I love that you will always change her diaper when I don't want to. I love that you like to pick out cute clothes for her (even when you find them in the boy section of the store). I love watching you play with her and how excited you get when she laughs. Thanks for being so great and thanks for changing more dirty diapers than me. We love you!

I hope everyone is having a great Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment