Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wait! What? Eleven Months?

This is my favorite picture right now

That's right folks. Charlie is 11 months old. This kid will be a year old in a month! (I do have some fun things planned for that day). Not only is she 11 months old... She is WALKING!!! Yeah... Walking! I can't believe it. I really that that would happen after the year mark.

She is turning into a toddler and growing out of all that baby stuff. She can slightly communicate... mostly she points and says "uh uh uh" or throws a fit when you tell her no. However, she does do some sign language. She waves high and bye. When she is waving hi and she makes this cute "iiiiiaaaa" sound that mimics the "Hiiiiaa
a" I say when I am telling her to wave. I noticed today that she was trying to say bye while waving bye. So cute! She knows the sign for more, all done and please... she doesn't really do these signs when she needs to, but she can do them when prompted. When we say "Hello?" she puts her hand or whatever object is in her hand to her ear like and says "ada". I'm not sure what the "ada" is, but she does it every time. She seems to really like to give kisses lately (or maybe that was just today). She makes some what of a kiss sound by smacking her lips together, but when she goes in for the actual kiss her mouth is wide open and slobbery.

She is so fast now. When she crawls she is quite speedy and her walking skills are improving by the minute. She opens cabinets, dumps out noodles, turns on the record player, pulls things off of the table, climbs up on the couch (and then falls
off of it), opens the dog cage, eats pennies (we have way too many pennies just laying around the house), and dances... like all the time.

She eats great. Over the last month I have introduced solid food after solid food. It's wonderful! She can eat just about anything. The only thing I have to spoon feed her is yogurt and occasionally applesauce. She loves feeding herself and really loves cheese. Soon she will be off of formula and on whole milk. That will be amazing. I can't wait.

Again, I can't believe my little baby is going to be a year old in less than a month.
We are going to have a pool party!!


No comments:

Post a Comment