Friday, December 3, 2010

5 Months Old!


It seems that Charlie is another month older again. It is all going by SO fast.

Over the past month we have started giving Charlie some solid foods. We started with rice cereal. She didn't seem to like it all that much. I even tried mashing up bananas with it, but that still didn't help. I am reading a book called Super Baby Foods and it said to try sweet potatoes. Well, she LOVED sweet potatoes. So far we have tried cereal, bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, avocados and peaches. She likes bananas, but them to upset her stomach. Apples also seem to give her a tummy ache. She shook with disgust when she tried avocados. The daycare lady said she loved peaches, but she kept her mouth clinched shut when I tried feeding them to her. So, we are sticking with sweet potatoes for a little while until we can start some other veggies. Maybe she just doesn't like fruit all that much.

Besides starting foods Charlie has started to roll over more and more. She is starting to sit up a little... very little. She talks a lot and smiles all of the time. It's really fun when she starts to laugh... she has kind of a deep voice (for a baby) so her laugh is kind of raspy. It's so cute. She has also started sucking her thumb a little more. I am actually pretty happy about that. She likes to have a pacifier while she sleeps, but when it falls out she can't always get it back in... I am hoping soon she will settle for her thumb.

She is a pretty good sleeper. Although, since Thanksgiving she hasn't been sleeping as well as I would like. She has been waking a few times a night. She is easily soothed back to sleep. She never needs a bottle in the middle of the night and if we put her in the swing she sleeps great. I am trying to avoid the swing for sleeping purposes, but when it is 4:00am and I can't get her back to sleep I put her in the swing. I am sure that will be a very hard habit to break, but some day she won't fit in the swing and we will both be forced to do other things.

Charlie is an incredibly good baby. Tallon and I love her so much! We have had so much fun over the past 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment