Monday, March 28, 2011

First Fever


The reason we saw this face all weekend was because my poor baby was sick.
This much I figured... I could tell she wasn't feeling well. She never ran a fever and she was still sleeping well. Last night was a rough night though. She was fussy all night long. It was exhausting. When were all up in the morning I took her temperature. No fever. Then Tallon called me to tell me that once he dropped her off at daycare she was happy as a clam.

All morning I was telling everyone how Charlie has developed a bad attitude over the weekend. Well, around 2:30 I got a call from daycare and they told me that Charlie had a fever of 101. I will admit... this made my heart race a little. She has not been sick yet... not sick enough to have daycare call. I rushed out of work as calmly and together as possible. I didn't want to show my crazy new mom side. When I picked her up she was napping and once she realized what was going on she was so happy to see me. We went home, ate, played and scheduled an appointment with the doctor for the morning. I did leave a message with the nurse to make sure we were safe to wait until the morning... we are. I am thinking it is an ear infection caused by some teething. She has yet to cut a tooth and I am sure it will happen any day now.

After some much needed attention from mama, a hot bath, some medicine and a warm bottle my sweet little baby was a sleep by 6:45. Lets hope she has a better night than last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment