Sunday, March 6, 2011

Eight Whole Months


Charlie is 8 months old today. I know I say it every month, but I can't believe it. She has changed so much in just 8 months. She went from a blob that just needed to eat, sleep and poop to a tiny person who babbles, squeals, smiles, laughs and now crawls.

She learned how to crawl a few days ago. Last Thursday (March 3rd) she just started crawling. I was sitting with her on the floor in her room playing with some toys. I have been pushing her toys away from for a while now and nothing happened. This time she got on all fours and moved forward. She used to just give up and find something else to play with. By the next morning she was all over the place. She is doing a true crawl... she gets her hand on the ground and walks them forward... she puts one knee on the ground and slides it forward... Her other leg sticks straight out to the side and she uses her foot to push forward... by doing this she is able to get back into the sitting position easier. It is so funny to watch. I have seen the army crawl, the bear crawl and the regular crawl, but I don't know what to call what she is doing.

She eats and sleeps great. She is pretty much always in a good mood. I can just look at her and she smiles. She mimics so many sounds, but her favorite is the pretend cough. She is turning into such a big girl. I really didn't think it would happen this fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment